Help with Lang's violist

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
kehom

Post by kehom »

origami_8 wrote:Why should anyone want to fold it into a :-({|= ?

I like this model a lot more as Image or Image.
Hey! I want to fold it onto a violist! Why? Well, I´m an amateur musician! I TRY to play both, the violin and the viola! So, folding this into a violist would be amazing to me! :wink:
May the shwartz be with you! ;)
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

thedeadsmellbad wrote:For those interested in learning crease patterns, this would be a great one to try.
True, this creasepattern was amazingly easy to collapse. Only thing is that you really have to print it because there are no reference points for the creases (at least I did not find any).
It might be an idea though to minimize the creases in the CP to those necessary for reference (which is basically the form of the irregular pentagon) before printing it.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
thedeadsmellbad
Forum Sensei

Post by thedeadsmellbad »

I was given an excellent suggestion, though I haven't actually tried it yet.
Trace the cp in a vector based graphics editor.
Then, any coordinate for a point or line you might need is already given.
To make it even easier, you could change the square size to the sheet you are folding with for relative measurements.
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

He show this model 2005 but not start point, just detail. I make diagram partial and make this Good [img]http://snkhan.co.uk/phpBB2/images/smile ... boohoo.gif[/img]. He say
"print the cp and fold it" but real way "you have to use math to find it". May be start point make Pinch pinch pinch find the place point? or use lang Refence finder program.
Tjips

Post by Tjips »

I think that in langs model you collapse the body so the layers look like this:(Top is front)
open space
/<---------->/
/ ///////

Because in his photo I can't see all the laayers in the front.

btw. What paper does he use?
There is a time for everything, that time has been pre-ordained be almighty God. Trust Him, and no harm shall come to you. He will keep you safely inside his loving hands.

My Photos
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

According to http://langorigami.com/art/gallery/gall ... me=violist he used Korean hanji for the violist.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
polomeque

Post by polomeque »

I had no problem when collapsing it, but I have no idea about making the face or the instrument. Can you help me? Any ideas? Thank you.
klnothincomin

Post by klnothincomin »

Oh yeah! I folded something like that last time when I borrowed the origami book from the Library, but it was a guitarist, basist, and canoer! Maybe I sould try to make this model, seems pretty simple. :o
Kevin Luo
If practice doesn't make perfect, at least it passes time! ^_^