What have you folded lately?

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

silentmagesoul wrote:
I'm sure that's insufficient to fold the model really easily, but I'll put up a diagram if a lot of people really, really want me to (I am very lazy). A crease pattern really would not be of much help because the underlying structure is, again, just a waterbomb base that has a petal fold on one side.
You are dead right. I coud not get past step 4. Diagrams would be nice. Photographs from the steps would be easier.
Hiba

Post by Hiba »

Hello Eikichi

Your folding skill is impressive. I guess you can fold Crease Pattern very well as your signature says that. Isn't it? :D
Martial and Arts
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Heres what I've folded lately (mainly because my internet is down :( )
As promised, I have folded a couple of the designs from the Christmas Origamibook, and I hope to fold more

Blossoming Flower, Gerwin Sturm (Daydreamer)

Horned Snake, Henry Tang

Devil, Jun Maekawa

Devil, Jun Maekawa
See if you can spot the differences :wink:

3D Duck, Jassu

Marvelous Duck, Juan Peña
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
orion119net

Post by orion119net »

Blue Crab, by Robert Lang.

Evil person's head, by me.

And Lurking, by me.

flameboyant

Post by flameboyant »

I really doubt that I'll ever be as good as some of the people on here, some of your origami is really incredible! Anyway, here's a few of my best works, sorry that I can't remember the exact model name or maker, but kudos to whoever invented them! (Click on the pictures to get larger versions.)

T-Rex:

Modified Kawasaki Roses:

Armchair:

Tulip:

Edited by moderator
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

phil wrote: And I folded Fumiaki Kawahata's Tuojangosaurus
Perfect fold.
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
Eikichi

Post by Eikichi »

Hiba wrote:Hello Eikichi

Your folding skill is impressive. I guess you can fold Crease Pattern very well as your signature says that. Isn't it? :D
Hi, and thanks for your comment :oops:

But I don't fold CPs... What in my sig made you say so ?

Anyway, my last is Air Mail by Takashi Hojyo :

[img]http://orizuka.free.fr/dotclear/images/ori-s/air-mail-01.jpg[/img]
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Here's my attempt at following the written instructions for silentmagesoul's human figure, folded from an 18cm square of MC-treated double-tissue paper.

I've shaped the head differently from the instructions though, to give it some sort of hair/hat/turban/...
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
silentmagesoul

Post by silentmagesoul »

:D
Wow! you actually managed to wade through those convoluted instructions! Impressive! And I must say that your interpretation of my model has a lot more character.
orikai

Post by orikai »

this is kinda embarrasing posting my pics, since almost everyone has "advanced" model things. and i cant do cp's, ive tried but i just cant do it :oops: . well heres the stuff i've folded. oh and i dont know who designed it or anything just the names. well here they are....
Umulius rectangulum
Iris
Dragonfly
Camel

sorry about the pic's qualities, i used a cruddy camera
~ orikai ~
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Don´t worry about your folding abilities, no master has fallen from heaven and the more you try the better you will get :)
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Daydreamer wrote:Here's my attempt at following the written instructions for silentmagesoul's human figure, folded from an 18cm square of MC-treated double-tissue paper.

I've shaped the head differently from the instructions though, to give it some sort of hair/hat/turban/...
Ok Daydreamer let this be the time that since I saw that you have folded the cuckoo clock I have a big admiration for you and now that you have interpreted those written instructions and made this nice model, you have climbed even higher in my admiration rank
Tjips

Post by Tjips »

orikai, Anna is right, practise makes perfect, and remember, not all CP's are the same, maybe you've just tried the wrong ones. O, and the designer of the first of the models you folded is Thoki Yenn, the second is a tradisional model and I don't know about the other two.
There is a time for everything, that time has been pre-ordained be almighty God. Trust Him, and no harm shall come to you. He will keep you safely inside his loving hands.

My Photos
orikai

Post by orikai »

thanks. i started folding since i was in 6th grade and now im in ninth so i guess 4 years(counting 6th) but i just saw cp's like 1 year ago. and i have a file with about 193 cp's that ive looked all around, getting(free ones NO copyrighted or whatever) and its like 11.3 MB. but i have looked for easy ones, but when i think i got one its not so easy. ive even tried the progressive cp's but those are still hard. and i got another file with a bunch of diagrams but i havent made sum of them(alot of them). the file has 58 free diagrams i've also collected. all free, no illegal ones. but i'll practice some more with more harder diagrams and later i'll see if i can make an easy cp. if its not messing with the rules of this website i can upload the 2 files, i just need to know how.
Last edited by orikai on February 5th, 2007, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ orikai ~
Wen Fu Kai

Post by Wen Fu Kai »

a milestone project for me: I've wanted to fold this model about 2 years ago. Finally the result of 2 weeks' work:

Satoshi Kamiay : Loggerhead Sea Turtle