Is origami shop trust worthy?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Orca

Is origami shop trust worthy?

Post by Orca »

Ok so I ordered 24 sheets of tissue foil and 20 sheets of tant. I'm using priorety shipping and it's says one to weeks but it's already been over 20 days. Is origami shop trust worthy?
dinogami

Re: Is origami shop trust worthy?

Post by dinogami »

Yes they are, but international shipping takes an inordinate amount of time these days, what with various countries instituting security measures. I've gotten every order I've made from them, arriving in perfect condition, but it takes a bit of time, even with priority shipping. You might inquire when the item was shipped out from them and if there's a tracking number.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

yes.

however, one must be aware that shipping times will wildly vary.

i also would probably never buy anything there priority shipping. interest in origami and patience go hand in hand.

also, where do you live? there is basically no reason to buy tant from origami-shop anymore if you live stateside, unless you want the super huge sheets. frumiousbandersnatch has pointed out that the tissue foil is also basically available in regular craftstores stateside, so there is basically no reason to buy that either except for the more exotic colors.
gordigami

Post by gordigami »

Origami-shop is absolutely trustworthy, with outstanding products.
However , other circumstances, such as items being momentarily out of stock and custom inspection delays may easily add to length of time for delivery.
Sometimes priority shipping is fast , sometimes not so much .
Generally best to allow a month , then be pleasantly surprised when it comes sooner.
May I wish success to all who cope with the mountains & valleys of Life,
with all its peaks & depths, as well as Origami .
Froy

Post by Froy »

Dont worry your paper eventually arrive. I ordered origami do some time ago and took 2 months to arrive. (dont know why is so slow)
Pobody's nerfect.

My Flickr
Orca

Post by Orca »

Ok the paper is here. I really like the tissue foil, and I hate the tant so much I feel like burning it.
Sroge4

Post by Sroge4 »

Orca wrote:Ok the paper is here. I really like the tissue foil, and I hate the tant so much I feel like burning it.
I have some tant, and I think it's pretty nice.
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

you can send me the tant if you really hate it that much
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
Black~Terror

Origami Shop Confusion...

Post by Black~Terror »

EDIT: Problem resolved now. The order shipped, and it's going to take a while. xP

----
On May 14, I ordered a book from Origami-shop.com.

Eventually, on May 16th, someone named "sophie", e-mailed me a "question", stating:
"Hi!

Thank you for confirming your name so we can send the parcel."
On May 20, the same e-mail was sent to me. At that time, I didn't know it was a question, since one, there was no question mark, and two, it does not sound like a question. I know for a fact origami shop is french, so the statement must have been translated.

Today, I got an e-mail from sophie again, saying,
"On 16th and 20th may, we sent you a question, but we have not received any answer :

Hi!

Thank you for confirming your name so we can send the parcel.

Best regards,
Origami-shop team
So, I replied back to them:
Sorry, I didn't know it was supposed to be a question...

[my name]
And an additional e-mail in case they misunderstood the earlier one.
My real name is *** ***, but I chose "*** ***" for security reasons.

Mon vrai nom est *** ***, mais j'ai choisi "*** ***" pour des raisons de sécurité.
---

My question is; did you guys receive an e-mail to "confirm your name" when you ordered something in origami-shop?

If you did, what was I supposed to answer back? Is the response I typed appropriate?

Thanks.
My flickr here
Ines

Post by Ines »

I have ordered things a few times already at origami-shop.com but apart from the waiting (I live in Germany) for the parcel to arrive I was always very satisfied with what I got. No strange mails or questions.. I inquired about a special book and even got an email from N. Thierry himself.
EricGjerde

Post by EricGjerde »

Nicolas is a good guy. I wouldn't worry.

The issue with your name - sending anything internationally requires customs forms, and they always ask for quite a bit of information. and depending on your home country, your postal customs clearance can take quite a while. so bear this in mind when ordering things from abroad :)
Black~Terror

Post by Black~Terror »

@Eric - Don't worry, I already resolved it and it's shipped a week ago, haha.

It does peeve me a bit though that I could have had the book now had I been smart enough earlier... >>"
My flickr here
DeeBee

Post by DeeBee »

I have ordered from U.S. several times and it takes weeks but the products are of excellent quality and packaged very well. Sometimes it is a project to open them!

The house published book series contains some of the finest models to fold, printed clearly with good English text. Highly recommend.
Washi

Post by Washi »

I ordered some paper too, I'd say it's good quality, and the paper is shipped with nearly little defects and nicely packaged too.

But the shipping time internationally is ridiculous in my opinion. I was messing around with tracing paper for a while, and 4 weeks passed and I was waiting everyday for the bell to ring and my paper to arrive. But I never heard it and I eventually forgot about it until 4 more weeks later I got my package left at the front door.

8 weeks, I admit, even for the cheapest shipping choice, 8 weeks was a tad too much.
And maybe I'm overreacting. lol
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Origami shop is not responsible for the shipping times. The postal system is just crap, especially the one from and to the USA. You can try to get your parcels earlier by choosing a faster shipping option but in the end it all depends on the postal system and not on the shop.