Komatsu Hideo Book in the works?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
TheRealChris

Re: Komatsu Hideo Book in the works?

Post by TheRealChris »

the lion is amazing... still... after all those years...
too sad that the book does not contain all his models :(
metrodj

Post by metrodj »

I just received an email this morning telling my pre-ordered copy of Komatsu's book shipped today. They said it should take about two weeks or so....
merman

Post by merman »

Same here
folding paper

Post by folding paper »

origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Today our copy arrived and apart from being another very beautiful Origami House book I was pleased to see, that everything is not only written in Japanese but also translated to English, making it an even more enjoyable book for me. On a first look it looks like all the diagrams have been redone for the book. I'm curious whether that makes them even better than they've originally been. So a lot of fun folding is in front of me and who knows what surprises await me :-D
BigFIFan

Post by BigFIFan »

What exactly is translated into English? Step descriptions or is there text preceding each model? I have mine on order from origami-shop and I don't think they've shipped any copies out yet. Anybody else received their copy? Opinions? I'm so excited to finally get my hands on his book.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Everything is translated. The step descriptions, the foreword and afterword and the "background info on the model" texts.
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Mine arrived yesterday from Origami House. Many models have been revised - for example the front legs of the Tiger have been changed. The changes are uniformly for the better IMO - those front legs on the tiger always were to thick. One thing that comes through in the text is Komatsu's passion and commitment to the quality of his sequences and their diagrams. I highly recommend this book.
merman

Post by merman »

My copy also arrived yesterday. It is a truly excellent book worthy every penny!

Even though I had most models already it is so nice to have them all in one volume. The diagrams seem new, or an improvement on the existing diagrams. E.g. the Sheep and Giraffe have the same source diagrams but extra crease lines (that were ommited in the original diagrams) and intermediate steps were added.

I really hope Satoshi Kamiya releases a new book in the same way. I don't care if I already folded everything of his that is out there, I'd love to have it all in one volume.
pharmjod

Post by pharmjod »

read on OUSA list that there was a printing error on one of the pages. anyone have any idea what / where it is? just want to see if it is substantial to the diagram affected (if it is even on a diagram page)
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Sounds like Origami House is shipping. Has anyone heard news from Nicholas Terry, and when he'll be shipping?
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

because I pre-ordered the book, I got an email on 26th of september from origami-shop. they told me, that the books where shipped to them and they expect them to arrive in the next days. so I should get my copy within two weeks.
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

I assume you meant 26th of July ... Thanks.
BigFIFan

Post by BigFIFan »

Anyone in the USA received their copy from Terry yet? The wait is proving to be arduous.
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Not yet. But on Aug. 8, I got an email with a delivery date of 2-4 weeks... So, I'm expecting just in time ... to miss Labor Day holiday.