Origami Tanteidan Convention book # 14- Models ?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
gordigami

Origami Tanteidan Convention book # 14- Models ?

Post by gordigami »

Please forgive my impatient curiosity, but I would be quite interested in hearing hints about which models will be included in up-coming issue.
Would also enjoy hearing what others would like to see in the issue .
I am guesstimating that August will be release date, but could easily be mistaken.
May I wish success to all who cope with the mountains & valleys of Life,
with all its peaks & depths, as well as Origami .
Max

Post by Max »

The pufferfish by Sipho Mabona :D/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sipmab/2624333879/
Oruhito

Post by Oruhito »

Indeed! The pufferfish I will be anxiously awaiting :D I'm guessing that Satoshi will have phoenix 3.5 in there simply because of the high demand. I would like to see some Satoshi CPs of recent work. Maybe his angelfish, or butterflies. Who knows. It will be interesting to find out.
Masuma

Post by Masuma »

I think Jason Ku's caveman will be diagrammed in there. That's what he said at the OUSA convention.
notefolds

Post by notefolds »

That puffer fish looks great. Reminds me of Kade's Magic Ball. I'm very excited to see this one. And only 70 steps :lol:
gordigami

Tanteidan Convention Book # 14

Post by gordigami »

Max: That puffer fish looks great, I hope that it is in the book.
Personally, my wish list would include Blakiston's Fish Owl, as well as any of the new Roman Diaz' models, the Fox , the burro, or any of the new birds, for example.
Would also like to see some Renee Mollo & David Llanque models.
May I wish success to all who cope with the mountains & valleys of Life,
with all its peaks & depths, as well as Origami .
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

Oruhito wrote:Indeed! The pufferfish I will be anxiously awaiting :D I'm guessing that Satoshi will have phoenix 3.5 in there simply because of the high demand. I would like to see some Satoshi CPs of recent work. Maybe his angelfish, or butterflies. Who knows. It will be interesting to find out.
a betting person would not put the phoenix in the next tanteidan book. after all, the model is somewhat old, by kamiya standards--if it was going to appear in one, don't you think it would have by now? more likely he is saving it as the "crown jewel" of his next book (much as the ancient dragon was the "crown jewel" of his first one).

i know there are many who are skeptical that there will be a second book, but i say one is inevitable... he publishes diagrams at a very steady rate (a few every year in the JOAS newsletter plus usually one in the tanteidan convention book, plus one occasionally at another convention, i.e., the cicada nymph at OUSA), so it would simply be a matter of making an anthology and then putting the phoenix at the end.
Oruhito

Post by Oruhito »

I suppose you have a point. That is of course if he decides to publish a second book. I think at this point a second book is inevitable, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll put the phoenix in there as his 'magnus opum' at the end. Just as you said, the phoenix is 'old' by Kamiya standards - why would he put it in his new book as the 'crown jewel'? So it may or may not be put in the convention book, but if it will be published in a second book it will probably not be the crown jewel of the book. But, no one knows for sure - we will just have to wait to find out! I'm sure either way it will be a good compilation this year.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

My money's on the Cicada Nymph being in there.
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

I really hope that he decides to diagram Ryu Zin 3.5 for the possible next book. I don't have a CP for any of the versions, and, even if I did, it would be useless to me, as I struggle greatly at solving CPs. Oh well, one can always hope and pray.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

Lephantome92 wrote:I really hope that he decides to diagram Ryu Zin 3.5 for the possible next book.
one should never say never, but i don't think a diagram of this model is ever likely. i would like to see one purely from the engineering standpoint, but the paper demands on this thing is such that only a few would bother ever trying to fold it.

i don't think the cicada nymph is appearing. as of yet, i don't think he's "repeated" diagrams anywhere (i.e., most of his diagrams, other than the ones in his book, only show up in one place), and the nymph is already published.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

He's definitely repeated before. The unicorn was in both OUSA and JOAS, as was the boar god I believe.
Trekker_1983

Post by Trekker_1983 »

Would love to see diagrams for Kamiya's Wasp 2.6.
Really special model that's likely to be published. Probably not in the convention book, though.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

fyi, the 14th convention book is available for preorder on the gallery origami house website. hopefully they will have a model listing soon.
NL3181

Post by NL3181 »

Why this time no models listing like how they did with the previous ones ?

I wonder which Kamiya models got published in this book :roll: