Has anyone folded a box top from "Fabulous Origami Boxe

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Macrocarpa10

Has anyone folded a box top from "Fabulous Origami Boxe

Post by Macrocarpa10 »

I am looking at the diagram for the crane top, but it applies to all the tops, so it's important to understand. The diagram seems completely unintelligible to me, mostly because the top part has magically turned white... I have gotten what looks right now like half of an iris design, or a crane missing one wing, but somehow it's supposed to become a square base sitting on top of a waterbomb base. I don't understand these two steps, and the diagram kind of sucks, because you can't see what you're reverse folding. As mentioned, this is from "Fabulous Origami Boxes", so if you've folded one of those, it would be easy. Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's steps 10 and 11 on page 51 if you have the book!
Thanks very much!
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I made a video for this step:
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qtr541YMsNc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed>
Macrocarpa10

Post by Macrocarpa10 »

Thank you so much! Now that it's there it makes so much sense! I was afraid that no one would understand my confused ramblings, but you did a great job, and thank you for the video!