David Brill - Double Star Flexicube

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Froy

David Brill - Double Star Flexicube

Post by Froy »

Hi! Greetings from Mexico.

I have been looking for diagrams or something from where to learn how to fold this cubes. I tried with several modular without success. Can somebody help out whit this? I know that the diagrams are in a book, Brilliant Origami isn't it?

Thanks. -Froy
redgator12

yeah

Post by redgator12 »

uh yeah i can help i actually made one but i used a template that i cut out because i'm not that good with brilliant stuff. you can go to books.google.com and look for double star flexicube and the only book that will come up should be brilliant origami. click on it and it show how to make the unit and how to assemble the half squares, the connectors, then the whole thing. if you have trouble putting the whole thing together, go to metacafe.com and type in "paper star cube! cool" and the video preview should show a picture of the entire star cube completed. and that's it. happy folding!
Happy Folding!
Froy

Post by Froy »

I got it :lol: as soon I get some photos I'll post them.

Thanks a lot.
Kijjakarn

Post by Kijjakarn »

The diagrams of the flexicube is here http://www.britishorigami.info/academic ... xcube.html
And it's box is here http://www.britishorigami.info/academic ... exbox.html
Hope you enjoy it. :D
origamiman98

Re: yeah

Post by origamiman98 »

redgator12 wrote:uh yeah i can help i actually made one but i used a template that i cut out because i'm not that good with brilliant stuff. you can go to books.google.com and look for double star flexicube and the only book that will come up should be brilliant origami. click on it and it show how to make the unit and how to assemble the half squares, the connectors, then the whole thing. if you have trouble putting the whole thing together, go to metacafe.com and type in "paper star cube! cool" and the video preview should show a picture of the entire star cube completed. and that's it. happy folding!
i did that it didint work please help me
bailey riter
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

Hey, I can't figure out how to get a look inside Brilliant origami for how to make and assemble the double star flexicube. I saw a way to make one by cutting and taping, but I am sure there is a way to make it without doing either.
origamiman98

Post by origamiman98 »

Lephantome92 wrote:Hey, I can't figure out how to get a look inside Brilliant origami for how to make and assemble the double star flexicube. I saw a way to make one by cutting and taping, but I am sure there is a way to make it without doing either.
me to i need to get inside that book i need help
bailey riter
santileortiz

Post by santileortiz »

I'm not sure but I think Froyd was asking about the flexicube found here http://charliblog2.blogspot.com/2007/09 ... -star.html , and I was interested in it too so, does any of you know how to fold it?
Froy

Post by Froy »

I folded this cube without problems. I could make photodiagrams and post it here if there is no problems whit the autor's rigths.
Gadi Vishne

Post by Gadi Vishne »

Dave Brill published the instructions (for "double star flexicube") on his web site.

Brilliant Origami
Gadi V.
My Origami Site: www.origadi.com
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Awsome design, Gadi! :D
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Hey guys,
On David Brill's website:http://www.brilliantorigami.com/Home.html
I saw the diagrams for his Double Star Flexicube here:http://www.brilliantorigami.com/dsf.pdf
Sadly, I'm stuck on step 7-11. :oops:
If someone could possibly post a video or pictures, that would help me greatly :D

Thanks! :mrgreen:
Keep on trying, it will work.
Mars

Post by Mars »

If anyone wants to make the Double Star Flexicube by David Brill,
go to Adams Sara's channel Here
This isn't illegal because she asks permission if she can make a video out of it.
Be sure to see her other vids! :D
(sorry if I advertised too much)

Keep up the good folds!
Keep on trying, it will work.
Sadarac

Post by Sadarac »

thats awsome. IT must have been hard to make that.
Origami forums design group viewtopic.php?p=49612#49612
"When you put a crease in a piece of paper, You're essentially changeing the memory of that piece." - Erik Demaine (from "Between the Folds")