Origami House didn't steal my money

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
OrigamiDan

Origami House didn't steal my money

Post by OrigamiDan »

Well I ordered the book the works of satoshi kamiya. I sent my money order expecting to get a book in a couple days. A couple days later I get an email saying I sent the wrong kind of money order. They said they would send the old one back when I sent them a new money order. The problem is I don't have another $50. Also I don't feel comfortable sending them another order. I don't understand how i could have sent the wrong one. I went to the post office saying I need an international money order that I can send to Japan. The post office said "Only Mexico excepts international postal money orders, Japan excepts this kind." So i took my post office's advice and got the kind they suggested.

I have emailed them telling them my problem and i didnt get a response.

Even if I did get another $50 I dont know if i can cash the old one. The big bummer is this was for my 18 birthday and now I dont get anything.
Last edited by OrigamiDan on October 28th, 2006, 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Joshua
malachi

Post by malachi »

If they didn't accept the money order then I don't think it's fair to say that they stole your money.
OrigamiDan

Post by OrigamiDan »

They wont give it back. They wont reply to my emails. I call that stealing.
Joshua
malachi

Post by malachi »

Sorry, I missed the bit about sending it back when they get the new MO.

How many emails have they failed to respond to?
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

1. The postal worker you talked to was wrong. Almost all countries accept postal money orders, including Japan. I don't know what sort of money order you ended up buying, but you can blame the postal worker for screwing it up.

2. The Origami Tanteidan convention is coming up shortly. Normally, the Origami House staff is heavily involved in the preparations, and will be difficult to contact at this time. I'd suggest giving them a chance to recover from convention before you accuse them of stealing.

3. Why didn't you make use of June Sakamoto's service to order from Origami House? She makes it much easier than trying to deal with OH directly (what with language barriers and all). Again, you might have better success talking to her about it. She's also in Japan for the OT convention, so you'll need to wait until after the convention to contact her. If you don't have her email address, contact me privately and I'll give it to you.
Yes, I am that Joseph Wu. Not that it really matters. And please call me Joseph or Joe. "Mr. Wu" is my dad. :)
tee

Post by tee »

hi OrigamiDan,

i was in the same situation like u b4, so i send another IPMO 2 them and it work out jz fine. abt a week ago i've send another order and email to them, but still didnt get any reply so far......r they really so Bz?
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

maybe you're only bad informed? you should have asked first and then send the money in the way the want it. it's not nice to call them thieves without knowing all the facts, maybe they're really very busy?

tee:
since this is an international forum, it's VERY UNPOLITE to write in the manner you did. maybe not everybody will understand you abbreviations. please write correct sentences in the future. thanks :)
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

tee wrote:hi OrigamiDan,

i was in the same situation like u b4, so i send another IPMO 2 them and it work out jz fine. abt a week ago i've send another order and email to them, but still didnt get any reply so far......r they really so Bz?
:twisted: Use please English!!!!!
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
tee

Post by tee »

Thanks for the advidse :)
OrigamiDan

Post by OrigamiDan »

The thing is I tried this over three months ago, and they havent replied to any emails. I've sent them an email about every 2 weeks.
Joshua
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Still, like Joe suggested, it's worth a shot getting in touch with June Sakamoto to see if she can help out.

Perhaps there's just something about this book. I placed my order 1.5 years ago with OrigamiUSA and it still hasn't arrived. :?
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

tee wrote:hi OrigamiDan,

Translation: I was in the same situation as you once. I sent another IPMO (international postal money order) to them and it worked out jest fine. About a week afo I sent another order and email to them, but still didn't get any reply........are they really so busy?

In case some of you cared what tee said.....
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
Hiba

Post by Hiba »

Hello OrigamiDan.
I understand your situation but I think it's offensive to use the words your way. Nothing is absolute so many things may happen during the transfer,I hope you understand this. Though I'm very lucky to have friends bring me
books from Orihouse directly and I don't have to order,but I understand the postpone or late arrival of some magazines.
Martial and Arts
tee

Post by tee »

origamihouse reply me today, my book will arrive soon... :D
So i think there are no problem, perhaps they'r just abit busy for the convention lately.
cavemanboon

Post by cavemanboon »

origamihouse reply me today, my book will arrive soon...
i think u should thank buagger, whoever he or she is :

http://www.origamihouse.jp/bbs/bbsindex.html