Best of Show Bull Contest 2009

Friendly design and folding competitions.

Which Bull do you like the most?

Poll ended at February 18th, 2009, 11:49 pm

No votes
6%
36%
No votes
3%
6%
3%
21%
No votes
No votes
9%
15%

Total votes: 33

Cupcake
Buddha

Best of Show Bull Contest 2009

Post by Cupcake »

Happy Chinese new year, everyone! Just like the last two years (pig and rat, heres the challenge for this year: Fold this year's animal, the Ox/Cow/Bull. Because there have been a lot of Bovine creations in the past year, this challenge is open to all models that qualify folded since the last year. If you've folded a bull in the past year, please show it here!

Like the last two times, you have 2 weeks to submit your models, and then 1 week to vote, starting today. Everyone is invited to vote on their favorite after the deadline.

Here are the Bulls to vote on. Get your vote in, even if you didn't submit anything! Anyone can vote.

Last edited by Cupcake on February 12th, 2009, 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

Okay. I guess I'll submit the water buffalo I designed for Chinese New Year.
Quick question! Um...can we vote for ourselves?
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

If you really think that your model is that much better than everyone elses... I suppose. But wouldn't it be better to vote for someone else?
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

angrydemon wrote:Quick question! Um...can we vote for ourselves?
You should ALWAYS vote for yourself. Otherwise, what business do you have entering a "Best" contest or an election or whatever. Now, if you enter, and later someone submits something that you think is better than yours, but you still think yours is really good, that's something else. But generally speaking, you should enter a "best" competition with intent of being the best.
If you really think that your model is that much better than everyone elses... I suppose. But wouldn't it be better to vote for someone else?
That is backwards-thinking if I ever I heard any.

Question, Cupcake: Own design, or is our rendition of someone else's okay? I haven't had much luck designing oxen/water buffalo of late, but I can fold some pretty sweet ones.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

It can be someone else's design if you like. Original designs seem to get more in the past, though.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

origamimasterjared wrote:You should ALWAYS vote for yourself. Otherwise, what business do you have entering a "Best" contest or an election or whatever. Now, if you enter, and later someone submits something that you think is better than yours, but you still think yours is really good, that's something else. But generally speaking, you should enter a "best" competition with intent of being the best.
If you are entering a "best" contest, that means that your model is not undisputedly the best, otherwise there would be no contest and no vote. But since there is, I think it is perfectly OK not to vote for your own model if you believe that someone else's entry is better. There will always be some bias toward your own model (or anti-bias as overcompensation for being biased toward your work in the first place), but I think it is honorable to vote for the entry that you truly think is best and not just your own.
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

C'mon, people, it's just a contest... does it really matter? (Don't answer that)

Go fold something and stop arguing over the rules. Your time would be better spent designing something, so you can win (IMO it's more satisfying than arguing, anyway)
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Arguing has such a negative connotation attached to it-no one is getting flamed here-it is just an exchange of philosophical ideas-and that is the beginning of how things get done. A good argument can be very satisfying and refreshing.
ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

Mine will be posted soon!!

My twelfth this year!yay!
WAaAaAi'm A Trendy Tote Bag!- Homsar
From for kids
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

You designed 11 oxen/cows/bulls in one month?! Holy cow! No pun intended.
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
dragon man

Post by dragon man »

Smooth Angrydemon "no pun intended " :lol:

I can't wait to see more entries. Although 2 weeks is abit of a tight deadline imo.
:wink:
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

well maybe not the best but here is my dollar water buffalo thing

i've made a cp for this and my dollar ballarina...will post them one day :)
Victoria Serova

Post by Victoria Serova »

my Bull

Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Nice designs so far!

Here is my bull:
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Hon

Post by Hon »