Monthly Folding Challenge - September 2008

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Finward

Post by Finward »

Allright, hte month is already finishing and at last, I took a picture of my new devil.
ImageImage
The ball needs loooots of improvement. I just don't know how to make it look like a football ball :( Seems that my luck with this team is over
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I had almost forgotten about this challenge! For my submission, I decided to choose a sport that isn't very well known, but is growing in popularity:
Chess Boxing
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Mars

Post by Mars »

Nice Cupcake!
I was beginning to wonder when there would be another entry.
Great job on the boxer!
Keep on trying, it will work.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Basketball

The goal was simple, clean curves and lines where they belong, and not where they don't.
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

I wish I had better paper for this one, but here it is:

Fencer

Max

Post by Max »

Nice Fencer!
Refold it with better paper and you've got my vote ;-)
OrigamiGianluca

Post by OrigamiGianluca »

Beautifull Fencer!
I like the pose and the mask Image
www.origamigianluca.com --> Fold with me...

Looking for some diagramming tips? Click HERE!
BluePaper

Post by BluePaper »

All right, it's about time to bring this month's challenge to an end. Though I've never been all that good at making decisions (or judging stuff for that matter) but I'll do my best :wink:

I would first like to thank Anermak for offering me the position as a judge for this month's challenge.

In third place I have chosen Finward's devil. A good model, though I feel it could be better if you didn't focus so much on having a pitchfork or a football :wink:

In second place I have chosen Cupcake's chess boxer. And yes, it is a real sport. I checked. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_boxing . The appeal of this model to me was just how obscure the subject was, and I am for some reason attracted to making esoteric models. I don't know why, but I just am :D

And finally in first place I have chosen Jonnycakes' fencer. The mask is done very well, finally something to do with all those extra flaps :D The stance is done very well, only after wondering how you balanced it did I notice the wire ( the backround hides it very well).

So, congratulations to everyone who competed!

As for October's theme, I literally had put off thinking about what it should be until today :oops: but I have decided on mythological creatures. Because I feel that making the theme "Halloween" would be cliche.

Jonnycakes will be the Judge for October's challenge and will pick the theme for november.