Hideo Komatsu - Horned Owl (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
TomHagenMx

Post by TomHagenMx »

i cant do this fold... i love the owl but is too hard to me, i think is te CP maybe someday will have a DIAGRAM... :wink:
hope :D
Edwin Corrie

Post by Edwin Corrie »

Diagrams were published in one of the old Tanteidan Newsletters (possibly No. 49). I must admit I'm not into crease patterns at all - for me a good folding sequence is much more enjoyable, and the sequence for the Horned Owl definitely has some very nice moments.
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

Any chance someone could post a link to the CP, I know I havent a chance in hell of figuring it out but I have to try!
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

page one had it but here it is
Brendan
Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

Thanks!

I've just found the right section on the main guys web page too and it turns out that Hideo created the greatest squirrel model ever (Tan 3)... at one point I had an army of those squirrels massing on my desk at work, it had to stop once I had enough for a legion.

If he ever releases a book of diagrams I will certially buy it!
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

...okay more hints will be appreciated before I get sacked for playing with a steadily disintigrating piece of paper, trying to collapse it all into place probably isnt the right way!
thut

Post by thut »

Does the crease pattern contain all of the creases required for finishing the model (apart from the reverse fold on the beak and the closed sink on the back)?
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I have been looking everywhere for Hideo Komatsu's Owl... but, looking at the diagram given http://img448.imageshack.us/img448/8173/owl4eq.png, i can't figure it out at all :shock: Somebody Please help! :?
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Dear Cupcake,
please read our Forum Rules and Regulations. Especially the parts about the usage of emoticons (especially in signatures) and diagram trading may be of interest for you.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

:oops: sorry... i have read the rules and changed my signature... i'll make sure not to break them from now on :oops:
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
etilarhar

Post by etilarhar »

So I used the CP you gave on the first page, I did all the crease...
but i can't put it together can someone help me start... :oops:

And please I know I'm not good at this but please don't tell to start somewhere else this is one I want to do, this the one I'll do. I've worked out everything I tried so far like this. Thanks for your understanding! Oh and I'm going to present myself in the next few seconds... (Edit: well if I knew where to...)
Last edited by etilarhar on July 13th, 2006, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrusaderX

Post by CrusaderX »

Yeah, I do love that owl... reminds me of the good ol' ORLY owl. (well, the YARLY owl, actually..) But anyway, are any of Hideo's models diagrammed online for free? I can't purchase any books at the moment, and I've heard a lot about the guy and would love to fold something from him. Now going to work on the owl... 8)
CrusaderX

Post by CrusaderX »

WOOT, Just figured out my first crease pattern... Hideo's Penguin :P Easy I know, but I'm happy with the result.

Are there any other larger owl CP's? I usually just print mine out and try to fold them. No way I can find the creases myself, until I fold it at least once. So, any bigger?
etilarhar

Post by etilarhar »

Well I "biggered" (not sure this is a word...) the one on first page and the results are not that bad... But if someone could please tell me the first few steps for this just to get me on the right track it would be greatly appreciated!
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

I can find all the lines easy enough (Creative Origami, Angelfish to Zen and Origami Design Secrets help in this) but then I get a bit stuck...