Brian Chan - Wall-E (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

The CP has a grid of 20ths.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
darkeagle

Post by darkeagle »

thanks
Kijjakarn

Post by Kijjakarn »

I agree with Origamimasterjared. Realising that photodiagram and diagram are folding sequence, they make no difference.

If I'm wrong, I'll apologise. :(
PauliusOrigami
Forum Sensei

Post by PauliusOrigami »

This is my fold Of wall-e. I folded this long time ago : )
My flickr gallery. Come to visit and leave feedback.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

wow, nice wall-e, good choice of paper as well!!!!!!!!!!
PauliusOrigami
Forum Sensei

Post by PauliusOrigami »

well, i, actually, used golden foil from the chocolate package ;DDD Now Wall-E smells like a chocolate ;D mmm ;)
My flickr gallery. Come to visit and leave feedback.
origamifinch

wall E folding

Post by origamifinch »

I get how to fold it into its simple form but how do you put on the plate disign.
:P
Falcifer

Post by Falcifer »

I've managed to semi-collapse the base, which actually took me less time than drawing out the CP and then creasing the lines, but I'm not entirely sure about the area of the CP between the tracks and the pleated section.

Could someone post an enlarged version of that section, please?
superjugy

Post by superjugy »

Hi there, i've never done a CP before, i've done some other diagrams though. i'm trying the simplified version posted before. the one in http://www.flickr.com/photos/32648308@N ... 968220709/ . following the simplified CP and the "in progress" pics i did mine but i'm stuck precisely where the pics end... from the last in progress picture it just went to finished :S . so i think i understand that pattern is mainly like a base but after that you have to follow like your instincts to do the wall-e? cause in that case i would need some advise. i don't know how to pass from this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/32648308@N ... 968220709/ to the finished model. Thanks in advance for your help i will really appreciate it.
PhillipORigami
Location: Mars. For those people who take life seriously, CA.

Post by PhillipORigami »

I know this post is old, but I never seen anyone use copy paper+ aluminum foil. Sounds interesting.
E=mc^2- Exellence= MC on a square

...or CMC....
newbpcpfolder

Post by newbpcpfolder »

Falcifer wrote:I've managed to semi-collapse the base, which actually took me less time than drawing out the CP and then creasing the lines, but I'm not entirely sure about the area of the CP between the tracks and the pleated section.

Could someone post an enlarged version of that section, please?
that looks like a technique used for doubling the number of pleats than you would get normally. Using quadrilaterals. I'm not sure how to do them, but here's a photodiagram of something similar:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/origami-ar ... 037798977/
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

those parts form the tire tracks. they are not hard but they can be confusing. as you start to flatten everything, the sides will not fold flat until you squeeze those parts together
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
newbpcpfolder

Post by newbpcpfolder »

orislater wrote:those parts form the tire tracks. they are not hard but they can be confusing. as you start to flatten everything, the sides will not fold flat until you squeeze those parts together
yeah. I know. I never tried them before, but they sure look tricky. the molecules used in this CP are very simple, but the numerous number of sinks used in them is what makes this model complex.
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

you dont precrease the tire tracks. the will form naturally sort of... i will make p-d
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
newbpcpfolder

Post by newbpcpfolder »

orislater wrote:you dont precrease the tire tracks. the will form naturally sort of... i will make p-d
why not precrease/how can they arrange themselves?