New book from Origami House?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
rdrutel

Post by rdrutel »

I am sure you mentioned whatever you think you mentioned, but that doesn't mean you mentioned what I think you mentioned ;).

The feeling I am talking about is the one when you do not solve the CP and put it down aka your best just isn't good enough. The one where you get stuck and lose hope. The published sequence is definitely interesting and clever and has the added benefit of having the end in sight. The CP does not always offer that, especially in the case of shibaraku which leaves you far from the final product. So the CP does not always convey the same information. In the end I think it is all about what you find to be an accomplishment and what it is that makes you happy. I think diagrams would produce alot more smiles and alot less frustration.

ROD
mrsriggins

Post by mrsriggins »

I don't mind a cp book but I would want instructions on how to get all the creases in the cp. What good is a cp to me is I can only fold it from printed paper. I want to be able to fold it from scratch with the paper of my choosing. I can fold several cp models when I print the cp but as to folding it from a blank piece of kami I am lost and don't know where to even begin with making the creases. So for me to buy a cp book, reference points and breakdown of the creases and how to get them would be a MUST for me.

The amount of folders who can collapse cp's is becoming greater and I think a lot of that is due to this forum and the other origami forums. I didn't even know what a cp was when I joined on here and now in such a short time (less than a year) I've collapsed ten cp models none of them easy and through the collapsing I learned more about origami about how it is divided and shaped than I would have if I had folded the models from a diagram. Not to mention without this forum and all the help so graciously given I would never have finished some of the cps.

Also I think cp is growing so quickly because there are a lot of free cps out there like on kamiya's site he has several and robert lang has a bunch too. But what good is a cp if you don't know what to do with it so I think the amount of people wanting to learn cp's is growing immensly simply because there are models we want to fold and the designers are presenting us with a free and legal way to fold them ... only catch is you have to know how to collapse a cp....
"There are times when hope itself is an act of heroism. So here's to hope, and everyday heroes. " -Jacqueline Carey
I totally just discovered I have a macro function on my camera- I'm lovin it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23352404@N06/sets/
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

there are also some of us who sort of don't want to learn how to do cp.

i have done a few models from cp, and it's just not as much fun. in fact, usually it's much more tedious, as you have to do that much more precreasing. not to mention there are practical considerations; perhaps one of the cp masters could correct me, but if you start with a large sheet, it takes much much longer before you can collapse the large sheet into something more manageable.