Magic ball

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Please send any further diagram requests per private message to Kade. Diagram requests that are sent to this topic will be deleted.
origamiman98

magic ball

Post by origamiman98 »

hi every one im new at the origami forum i need some help on the magic ball but can some one answer these question what the most easy ration to use? what kind of paper should i use? and should i tape it or glue it ? can somebody answer those question thank you :D
bailey riter
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

All your questions have been answered in this topic, why not read it from the beginning until the end?
esamerica

Thanks for all the help succes!!

Post by esamerica »

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HJquQ5KANgo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Nice work, glad you figured it out. =D>
Bored at the office? :lol:
hrabbit

Post by hrabbit »

Hey there, I have been eyeing this model for quite a while now :wink: and I just wanted to ask if the ratio was definately 1:2. I have a huge roll of paper right now so I want to make a really big one! But I wanted to get the ratio right before I do the math and cut it.

~thanks
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Yea, I'm definitely sure it's 1:2.
But I would also recommend you fold the model small-scale first. Don't risk making a mistake on a large sheet, even if you've looked at the diagram and are pretty sure you know what you're doing. It's easier to fold it smaller (maybe 20-25 cm) anyways so it won't be a waste of your time.
hrabbit

Post by hrabbit »

good idea lol, a 36 inch long peice of paper is hard to find space to fold it at
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

Once you have the basic form down, and you make your big one, you should make it with many more little "spikes." that, im my mind, will make it look really cool!!
dziku

Post by dziku »

Inside magic ball :)

ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Great picture, Dziku! :D
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
94JED

Post by 94JED »

Ok. I've allready folded a magic ball and I want to do one out of a 1x2 meter paper. Now, should I do more creases, like insted of dividing it into 16x32, I do it 32x64. I know it's a lot more work but I want to know If it will work well and not dissasemble... :roll:
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Hmm, it would definitely be interesting to see how it'd turn out, but my intuition tells me that with paper that large and with a pattern four times as large, the ball might not distribute it's movements as evenly, and might be a little floppy. But if you've got some real heavy paper, I'd give it a go.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I came upon a video on Youtube showing a magic ball inside out and decided to give mine a try. I think the result is really nice, a new twist (pun intended) on this model.
Starscream

Post by Starscream »

People...your saviour is here
in the form of youtube (JohnAkashima to be exact)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWQBacal ... re=channel
I fold therefore I unfold therefore my paper is creased