Diagrams for my Wild Boar

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Well, he could be designing from a CP, or he could have simply stumbled upon it...
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
champi

Post by champi »

I agree that you can stumble upon a simple model, but I can't see how you can find a wild boar when you're folding a square of paper (it's surely a lack of experience :wink: )
Anyway, thanks zerobar for the diagrams :D
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

Actually, to tell you the truth, I kinda did just stumble upon it. :D That actually seems to be the way I'll design most of my stuff. I'll start folding a piece of paper, get to a certain point, take a little time, look at what I've got, and try and find something I can make out of it.
The boar was a little different, though. I had been messing around with the base for the War Pig, and ended up seeing how the base could be converted from human form to animal form. I must have also had pigs on the brain, because I saw how I could make a pig out of it. Sat down, folded the base, experimented on a blank, and found the folds I needed.

Maybe that's why most of my designs are so random. :?
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

Oh, forgot to mention, has anyone else besides Ondrej attempted it yet? Just wondering. :D
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Yes, I did make one a while ago, but I have trouble posting the picture. Anyway, I think your model is really great Zerobar although the diagrams can get a bit confusing at times...
champi

Post by champi »

Thanks for the explanation, it's always interesting to know how a model was designed :wink:

Here is my first try :

I had just some problems with the legs :roll:
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I haven't quite got around to trying it yet. However, march break starts now, so I might find the time! :D
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Rdude

Post by Rdude »

I tried it, and it enjoyed folding it greatly. I haven't posted a picture yet because i folded quickly and out of crappy paper to see if i could do it. As soon as I get better and larger paper I will fold and post pics. I especially like how you managed the colour change on the tusks.

Rdude
If you can't fold it, try a bazooka.
My Flickr ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdudevr55/
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

Thanks, the one I was actually surprised about, was how well the ears came out. That was the hardest part of getting the war pig to look like a pig, and I was apprehensive about how difficult it would be on this model. Mostly, this just ended up being one of those models that everything just fell into place on.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

If you look at my simple pig, you'll notice it doesn't have any ears. However, my War Pig has huge ears!
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

:)
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Wow. First thing I've ever seen folded by rock, and I'm not surprised.
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

it is zerobar boar (of diagram) not me :wink:
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

Well, it's not an easy model, so if you're just beginning, that's a pretty brave step.
halogen64

Post by halogen64 »

I'm surprised you managed to achieve such a nice model from random folding. Whenever I try that, I end up with an origami boulder. However, I will try folding your boar in the near future. Keep up the great work!