Satoshi Kamiya - Cerberus (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Zoraz

Post by Zoraz »

I would put the brown on the outside, just so it is easier to take pictures, and because Cerberi (plural of cerberus?) aren't smooth and shiny.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Check how well you can photograph the gold side. That would look pretty cool if it works.
Ragnorax

Post by Ragnorax »

My finished Cerberus :)

insaneorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by insaneorigami »

I would recommend shortening the shaggy fur around the throat, so that it is more tight...

Apart from that, nice :).
飛竜

why?????????????

Post by 飛竜 »

Im angry hahaha well not so much but am dissapointed because cerberus in tanteidan was a simplified version.
i wasnt planning on buying the book but i did it because i thought an original version of cerberus would appear
and now that the minotaur was diagrammed i see that it is also modified in the abdomen, crotch and legs!!!

does anyone know why satoshi does this things?
my username is 飛竜...
flickr
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Yes, because it is a hell lot of work to draw diagrams for all those details. Drawing diagrams for simplified versions takes less time, even though he sure sat down for several days/weeks to draw these diagrams.
SYY99

Step 76 -> 77

Post by SYY99 »

hi, can someone help me with step 76 -> 77 please? (with some photos of possible :P)

if i try step 76, my model looks abit driffrent than the one in step 77
artur biernacki
Forum Sensei

Re: why?????????????

Post by artur biernacki »

飛竜 wrote:Im angry hahaha well not so much but am dissapointed because cerberus in tanteidan was a simplified version.
i wasnt planning on buying the book but i did it because i thought an original version of cerberus would appear
and now that the minotaur was diagrammed i see that it is also modified in the abdomen, crotch and legs!!!

does anyone know why satoshi does this things?
Anna has right. Difficult part is problem diagramming, but you can use own invention.
My fold Minotaur by Kamiya Satoshi.

About step 76 you have to make squash fold and pull left side.
Artur
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12569445@N02
dialkia

Post by dialkia »

where can i find the diagrams of that minotaur?

Edited by Moderator
FlareglooM

Post by FlareglooM »

Those diagrams can be found in a book. (someone else will probably post the name ;))

As for the diagrams on this site: Link removed by Moderator
I would strongly recommend you to not put books on that site and spread them. So remove at least the things beneath the headers: "works of satoshi kayima" and "tanteidan magazines". (you need to buy those books! it's illegal to spread them).

Just so you know.
My Flickr

FlareglooM
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

diagrams of the minotaur are in the book 'cdo convention book 2009'.
SpK

Post by SpK »

Can someone give an explanation of how to fold the forelegs? Its step 140 in the diagrams, and I just can't understand what exactly its looking for.

Thanks in advance!
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

SpK wrote:Can someone give an explanation of how to fold the forelegs? Its step 140 in the diagrams, and I just can't understand what exactly its looking for.

Thanks in advance!
these steps are a little bit tricky.

essentially, you are doing a closed sink/wrapping the paper around that bottom triangular corner while reconstituting pleats that you precreased. so while it's similar to the wizard's fingers, you are also being asked to do a closed sink.

by the time you get to the third toe, things can get a little thick/hard not to tear the paper.
philipinorigami101

Post by philipinorigami101 »

i need help not on the cp, but on the diagram. is that ok? because steps 72-82 are really hard to fold, especially with the thickness.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

i don't know what to tell you, other than that those steps are just a squash fold. this is the underbelly of the model and it doesn't need to be perfect.