Monthly Folding Challenge - November 2008

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Wooh, second place. I was working on some other real designs as well for this contest, but I wasn't able to finish them in time. I will submit one of these designs ( the Triforce ) for the Christmas Book, and perhaps I'll work on the other ones once I have some free time.

I wish this would have been the theme for January, because I would've had a lot more time to fold something proper then.
juston

Post by juston »

Oh man, that's incredible! :shock: Thanks Sunburst. Well, since my little Link won it for me, I'm definitely going to give out the crease pattern... and here I was thinking he wasn't good enough. It should be done in a day or so (whenever I get a little free time). Is this thread a suitable place to post it up?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Yes, that's the right place, Congratulations :D
ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

I see Elements of a frog base in that Link Juston.. am I right? :?:
Rdude

Post by Rdude »

Wow! I really like your rendition of Link Juston! I'd say it definately includes the "and everything" :D Great job on the master sword!

Andrew
If you can't fold it, try a bazooka.
My Flickr ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdudevr55/
juston

Post by juston »

ori_dragon3 wrote:I see Elements of a frog base in that Link Juston.. am I right? :?:
Good eye. The 1.0 version was simply a frog base with a slightly altered left side (to make the sword) but I couldn't get decent, long legs out of it. Then it went through a couple of iterations of blintzing and grafting and shifting molecules around to get what you see here... but the right side is still mostly frog.
Rdude wrote:Wow! I really like your rendition of Link Juston! I'd say it definately includes the "and everything" :D Great job on the master sword!
Thanks, Rdude! I was just going to give him a boring, old regular-kind-sword. I'm glad I didn't now.
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Let me repeat the invitation for the Christmas Book for Juston before he publishes the CP.... Please look up the rules before you make anything public.

- Hank Simon
Sadarac

Post by Sadarac »

GET that e-book! you deserve it :)
Origami forums design group viewtopic.php?p=49612#49612
"When you put a crease in a piece of paper, You're essentially changeing the memory of that piece." - Erik Demaine (from "Between the Folds")
romane

Post by romane »

yay, second place!! thanks :D
Robert Lang: You take an idea, combine it with a square, and you get an origami figure.
madarko

Post by madarko »

yay! I havn't been online for a while and just checked the results - 3rd place for me!! I really didn't expect that, there were so many brilliant entries. Thank you very much.
have fun.
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

ARGH!!!! I had simply spontaneously designed Kirby this month, and never even checked the challenge!!!!!