What have you folded lately?

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
Watusa

Post by Watusa »

woah, thats really cool, i like the curved shaping a lot.

but be aware that correct image tags are [img]imgurl[/img], so edit your post please, so people can see the picture easily :)
tripia

Post by tripia »

Watusa wrote:woah, thats really cool, i like the curved shaping a lot.

but be aware that correct image tags are [img]imgurl[/img], so edit your post please, so people can see the picture easily :)
Thanks for the reply Watusa.

P.S I tried to use the image tage that you suggested but when i added the tag the picture wasn't shown just the picture's URL adress.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Dimetrodon by Fumiaki Kawahata from a 22cm square of double tissue paper.

So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Wow, great folds everyone! I haven't seen this many pictures in one night for a long time.

I'm thinking of trying my hand at some paper making. Surely, theres some way to make copy paper better :P . I'll see how it turns out.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Watusa

Post by Watusa »

In advanced origami, by michael g. lafosse, he goes through in great detail making paper from pulps. but it involves a lot of equipment and (in my opinion) is, despite what he enthuses, not reaaally worth it.

backing copy paper with other papers is a good way of making a better paper though. good luck :)
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

All I did was mash up some copy paper in water, and later, when it's pulpy, I'll try making paper out of it. I don't know how foldable it will be...
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Cupcake, I really recomend you going away from copy paper and trying tissue paper instead. Take two layers of tissue paper glue them together with methycellulose (available in building centers under brand names like methylan, or just ask for wallpaper glue) and feel the difference. Once you´ve tried this stuff, you won´t want anything else anymore.
Pathfinder

Post by Pathfinder »

Is this stuff in an arisol can? How do you apply the glue?

Thanks.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

No, it´s a white powder. You dillute it with water until it gets the consistency of albumin then you apply it with a soft brush on the tissue paper that´s lying on a flat surface (a frameless picture frame will work well). Wait until its completely dry then peel it of the surface and cut it to the desired size (square templates are very useful for this). It works very similar to making tissue foil with the only difference, that you use another glue and no foil at all.
malachi

Post by malachi »

Cupcake wrote:All I did was mash up some copy paper in water, and later, when it's pulpy, I'll try making paper out of it. I don't know how foldable it will be...
One of the main problems with copy paper is that the fibers are very short. Just making it into pulp again won't fix that at all, you'll still have a very brittle paper that tears easily.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I noticed that when I tried it. We'll have to see how it ends up, but next time I'll try something different.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
steyen

Post by steyen »

After 2 months of trial and error,i came up with this design:

Model: Devil riding on crane.
1 square sheet uncut.

p/s: i will b posting pictures of the making process tomorrow -->
http://www.steyen.blogspot.com
Watusa

Post by Watusa »

woah! nice steven.

i'm still working through spiral unit origami by tomoko fuse:

this one was really nice to make. all the pleats converge beautifully and then the butterfly is formed by the excess of the pleats. the base is flat, although the bad photo doesn't show that very well xD

either way, the maths in this book is really cool.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Very nice devil on crane! :D Great job
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

That is amazing steyen! Did you know what you wanted to make from the beginning or did you just free fold?

I can't wait to see how you made it! Your site is definately going in my bookmarks.