Great news!! New book by Satoshi Kamiya

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
newbpcpfolder

Post by newbpcpfolder »

joshuaorigami wrote:hojyo's violinist is super complex!
i have the diagrams and there is a ton of precreasing, followed by and bunch of complex boxpleating folds and some hard shaping at the end.
trust me, only very accomplished folders can fold this with a good result.
Just as i thought.like hang trung thanh's swordsman.
well, if you look at the cp, you see that it is box pleated(well, i found the cp online, again, on that vietnamese site i always mention, really, check it out, theres a small collection of naoto horiguchi insect cp's, and the site is called vntopic).
so, it is easy to collapse, but hard to shape...i think just like tran trung hieu's black mage..........
but that is a common thing in box pleats-tons and tons of precreasing.............
to ease it, i always precrease the whole grid.........
Ben385

Post by Ben385 »

You know bpcpfolder, advertising sites that illegally spread copyrighted material doesn't go down well around these parts..
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

no matter how much precreasing there is with the violinist, i GUARANTEE it is nowhere near the amount needed for the ryujin.

in this day and age, precreasing is unavoidable. but precreasing large squares (anything more than 50cm) is really a chore and can get tiresome fast.
newbpcpfolder

re:illegal

Post by newbpcpfolder »

Yes, ben.I know.It's illegal, and doesn't work around here.
thanks for pointing out, but it's too late.i've collected each and every cp i can out of that site.
newbpcpfolder

advertising

Post by newbpcpfolder »

Ben385 wrote:You know bpcpfolder, advertising sites that illegally spread copyrighted material doesn't go down well around these parts..
ben, it's not an advertising site.it's an online forum, just like this one.
Ben385

Post by Ben385 »

No, you're saying positive things about the site (promoting it).
newbpcpfolder

Illegal

Post by newbpcpfolder »

I know, Ben.
I, a couple of months ago, read that copyright topic on this forum.ever since then, i dint touched any illegal diagram.it was in my early box pleat days.
and early cp days too.
BrooksHalten

Post by BrooksHalten »

Agh... so, t's only in Japanese? I wish it was in English, too. Like his first book.
Re
Froy

Post by Froy »

Yay! Just ordered my book from Origami House!

http://www.origamihouse.jp/book/kamiya/socym_e.html
Pobody's nerfect.

My Flickr
BrooksHalten

Post by BrooksHalten »

sigh....I just dont know if I want to sell out $49 for a book I can't even read Although, assuming they just show the pages in Japanese, and other section are translations as to keep the pages orderly is wishful thinking...:)
Re
Kijjakarn

Post by Kijjakarn »

I totally agree with you, BrooksHalten. I won't buy it if it's not English. Not being able to read Japanese, it makes no sense to have this book, unless I have someone who can understand Japanese with me all the time. If Origami House has someone translate the book and publish it, there will be more buyers and they will even make more money!
newbpcpfolder

Post by newbpcpfolder »

brookshalten, time to change your signature!the never to come seccond satoshi book has come!congrats!
-------------------
now i think that this is a serious matter..........
euroboy

Post by euroboy »

Froy wrote:Yay! Just ordered my book from Origami House!

http://www.origamihouse.jp/book/kamiya/socym_e.html
So tempting.... #-o
andssl

Post by andssl »

I have received the book today. The entire book is written in japanese. Few english titles only. The book reminds me "Origami Art" by La Fosse. To be true, It is a japanese try to the same thing, but La Fosse's book is at higher level.

My opinion in general: it is a introduction to supercomplex origami with a few tips about folding, showing and design. I suggest the buying of the book in two cases: a) if you are a collector; b) if you are novice in origami world and want a taste of the great works by Kamiya, Komatsu and Hojyo.

But the most important: there are pictures of other works by Kamiya, Komatsu, Hojyo, Eric Joisel, Sipho Mabona and Brian Chan. Joisel's book is comming...then, do we have clues here?
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

andssl wrote:I have received the book today. The entire book is written in japanese. Few english titles only. The book reminds me "Origami Art" by La Fosse. To be true, It is a japanese try to the same thing, but La Fosse's book is at higher level.
Told ya! ;)