Christmas Origami Book 2008

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Max

Post by Max »

Anna, would it be possible to post a list, updated from time to time, with the authors/models you already have received?

Everybody would have the opportunity to see what will be in the book, and the authors got a feedback you received their diagrams before the deadline. :-)

Greetings,
max
halogen64

Post by halogen64 »

I have made personal diagrams for folding Hideo Komatsu's Penguin and Frog from CP, I was wondering if I could supply one of those (perhaps penguin due to the winter theme)?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Well, it's not your own design. Therefore, I don't think it should be accepted.
Android raptor

Post by Android raptor »

I need to make my diagrams :shock:
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Max wrote:Anna, would it be possible to post a list, updated from time to time, with the authors/models you already have received?

Everybody would have the opportunity to see what will be in the book, and the authors got a feedback you received their diagrams before the deadline. :-)
Honestly, I think that's a terrible idea. For one thing, that would ruin the element of surprise. Another is that people who may have something to contribute might see a list of things they are not interested in, and then decide it's not worth it for them to contribute. And then we miss out on something that may have been cool.

The only receipt confirmation needed is an email saying "Thanks, I got the diagrams." or something to that effect.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I think that idea would do more harm than good.

Her simple "We have 189 diagrams from 230 authors, totaling 27 pages" or similar is sufficient. It draws interest in what could be in there, as well as shows that you're not alone.
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

hey, i have some diagrams that really need to be cleaned up. is there anyone who would like to clean them up (supposing i can find where scanned images go)...
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Well, I was hoping to submit something for this book for a long while, but I haven't designed anything yet. :(
I know I'm getting Origami Design Secrets for Christmas however, so I intend on designing five models for next years book. :)
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
mrsriggins

Post by mrsriggins »

I have two designs to submit I just need to get them in in time!
"There are times when hope itself is an act of heroism. So here's to hope, and everyday heroes. " -Jacqueline Carey
I totally just discovered I have a macro function on my camera- I'm lovin it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23352404@N06/sets/
origami-artist-galen

Post by origami-artist-galen »

I feel the same as many of you, I was going to submit a CP and diagrams for my intermediate dragon, but I've got too much to do right now. I still hope to send the CP of my hercules beetle, but even that's not for sure right now.
Sadarac

Post by Sadarac »

OMGOSH its not uploading as attachments o.o gotta try sumthing else.
Origami forums design group viewtopic.php?p=49612#49612
"When you put a crease in a piece of paper, You're essentially changeing the memory of that piece." - Erik Demaine (from "Between the Folds")
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

There are file sharing sites online that you could use-you upload the file and then give out the provided link to your file.
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

I just sent over the diagrams for my Dragon Rider, Anna. Tell me what you think about them.
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I've wrote you a mail :D

52 instructions so far....
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

Does anyone know where images scanned on a PC get filed? I have no clue.
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

If you look in "My Documents", you should see a folder named "My Scans" where all the images you scan go.

Thanks for your reply Anna! I worked to hard make sure they were perfect, even if they were done by hand. Although, maybe I shouldn't have waited until last Saturday to do them. For some reason I thought it would be easy. Plus, me and my family are going for a holiday trip today and we aren't coming back until December 15, which happens to be the deadline. I actually planned to finish 2 different set of diagrams, each having possibly over a 100 steps in a period of 5 days. And I got the flu on Monday because of the crazy weather, which later turned into a fever. If you put the diagrams under the microscope, you should should see a massive colony of bacteria and viruses. I also had problems sleeping because images of the diagrams kept flashing in my head. I should have just saved my 2-fold butterfly for the book. That would've been pretty funny...

Now that you know what my name is I seriously hope you can actually pronounce it right. Nobody I met has ever pronounced it correctly the first time unless they can speak Chinese. It was such a horrible pain correcting people that I learned to stopped caring.
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr